I’m a little behind on posting inspiration, so I thought that I would try and make a regular habit of posting links in a weekly post rather than posting them willy-nilly as they come up in my feed-reader. It’s hard to narrow down all of the items I’ve noted lately, but figure this is a start…even if some of them have already made the blog rounds.
I’ll start with an aside: my friends and I have started a Fantasy Olympics to root for the underdogs this year. The goal was to pick a country to root for that isn’t already in the top 10 medal-winning countries. Since the Czech Republic was already taken, I went with Austria. As you can see on Gavin’s blog for the event, I’m already in the top third or so! “The hills are aliiiiive with the sound of medaaaaals!” (cheesy, I know…) Who are you rooting for?
Oh, to own a press!
- iLT has had a couple great posts about letterpress lately â€”Getting Started and also some good inspiration in his past couple of http://ilovetypography.com/2008/07/21/sunday-type-napkin-type/
- Joie Studio posted a great series on Learning How to Letterpress (via Poppytalk)
You know I have a soft spot for the Germans, so here are a few German/linguistics related items
- Etsy posted an insider’s look to Berlin’s vintage stores/flea markets that made me homesick for my favorite city.
- If you can’t go to Berlin, Poppytalk posted a great way to bring Berlin to you with some sweet wallpaper.
- Grain Edit has a great post pointing you to German and Swiss Modern Book Design
- And this Guess the Accent game is just fun (via Coudal)
And finally, Marion Bantjes + bringing out of print books back to market = amazing design. (via Coudal)
(seriously, I’m in love with her work and am just jealous I didn’t make it big first)