Design Life Bringing design into every aspect of life: from diy culture to working in the design field
This week there seemed to be a lot of really good how-to’s that I came across. The exciting thing? Many of these how-to’s were things I had been wishing for, but not necessarily looking for. Joy!
- Making a Repeat-able Pattern with Julia Rothman
Rothman’s guest post on Design*Sponge walks you through how to create your own repeat-able patterns by hand. I’ve always wondered how they do that! (thanks to CelestinaCarmen)
- Creating Your Own FlipBooks – Since I’ve been in an animation kick, I was excited to see 2 links on this topic that I can’t wait to try:
Photojojo’s How-To and The Curious Blog’s How-To
- Print Gocco Instructional from etsy
My new printer (which I haven’t had a chance to post about yet) is waiting patiently in my studio while I’ve been researching tips on how to best use it. I’ve found a lot of great information out there: my favorite tip of which has been Celestina’s technique to waterproof the frame: thanks! I’ll be posting more about gocco once I have the chance to break it out of the box.
- Web starter kit from Quommunication has everything you need to mock up a website in photoshop: handy! (via Designer in Action)
- Typography for Lawyers has good advice for anyone. (via Typophile)
- Designing Books: practice and theory – iLT just posted a great review on what promises to be an awesome book. I’m adding this one to my reading list!