Inspiration Recharge your creative juices with a little inspiration.
Welcome to blog post 1 of NaBloPoMo! (Yesterday’s doesn’t really count.) So as I combed through my feed-reader, from the past couple of weeks a lot of really great posts stood out. But since I need to narrow things down and generally like to group them into a theme, I’ve picked all of the great type related posts that stood out to me. I should preface this with just a general recommendation to head over to Johno’s iLoveTypography and check out his Sunday Type posts: always quality stuff so check it out!
For the home and closet:
- Show your love for type/design with these awesome shirts from Von Roxy (seen on Pica + Pixel):
- Script “blah blah blah” Pillow seen on Shop Friends:
- Awesome Letter R Pillow by Bonjour Mon Coussin seen on Creature Comforts:
For the love of Fraktur:
- I’m fairly certain that I posted about Fraktur Mon Amour in my Booklist posts, but Book By It’s Cover has some sweet eye-candy-photos of the inside:
Braille is typography too:
- And quite beautiful when used in product design such as on these wine labels spotted on SwissMiss:
Type on the Web:
- I just Stumbled upon WriteSomething today:
Looks like a cool project and has a certain appeal as far as being a site totally composed of large type…
- Jon Tan has an excellent article on using @font-face for embedding fonts on the web…just wish I had an opportunity to use it…
- design:related reports that Hulu has posted a collection of Sesame Street’s animated shorts on counting. Awesome typography in a lot of them, but where is 12??
- Coudal recently linked to a scanned in book of Hand-lettering from 1927: beautiful! (and not the first of these I’ve seen floating around recently…and I’m not complaining!)