No Comments

1. Tricia
    March 10, 2009 @ 11:31 pm

THE PERIODIC TABLE OF TYPEFACES IS SO LOVELY! It has now replaced suicide cupcakes as my background. On the topic of other science-themed items, when I studied orgo, I strongly desired a shirt with a caffeine molecule. Yep, negative cool points.

• Lorraine
      March 10, 2009 @ 11:39 pm

Are you kidding me?? I almost posted some nerd-shirts on here! Wanting one gives you definite cool points in my book! Besides, I may have owned a glow-in-the-dark buckyball shirt that I won at a competition…in fact, I still have it.

2. Sarah Jo
    March 11, 2009 @ 9:51 am

Very excited about that periodic table of typefaces…

I love that you love science!

3. Tricia
    March 12, 2009 @ 12:50 am

You WON it? That implies a stunning physical (mental) feat!

• Lorraine
      March 12, 2009 @ 12:54 am

@Sara Jo: I am too! I’m tempted to print it for my wall.
      @Tricia: Yeah, I won it in high school during the Chem-a-thon tournament. Another year, I got a cute little stuffed animal mole (get it?) wearing a lab coat which was actually a higher place than the t-shirt. First prize was a TI-89 calculator…alas! I never won that…

4. kat
    March 12, 2009 @ 7:42 am

Love those vintage science illustrations!

• Lorraine
      March 12, 2009 @ 11:08 am

@Kat: Aren’t they cute? She always finds great stuff: I really wanted both of those t-shirts. (Further proof that I love nerdy-shirts)

5. Tricia
    March 14, 2009 @ 7:49 pm

Oh how tragic! I have had many good memories with my TI89.

• Lorraine
      March 14, 2009 @ 9:55 pm

Don’t worry: I broke down and bought my own…and installed tetris on it. πŸ˜‰

6. xgravity23
    April 15, 2009 @ 12:05 pm

Yikes! I have been so terrible about keeping up with my feed reader lately. That makes me a sad Lindy. πŸ™ Maybe I need to zero it out, unsubscribing mercilessly.

Besides the self-flagellation, I LOVE THIS POST! I like the number mole because it has my entire favorite number in it, 10-23 (I usually just go with 23). Do you still have your mole prize? I still have and use my TI-83. I just use it for basic calculations now, but I love the large display for seeing my last few queries. πŸ™‚

• Lorraine
      April 15, 2009 @ 12:26 pm

Ha! I’m having the same trouble with my feed reader too. πŸ™ Mostly because I’m not working, so I’m not at a desk all day.

But yes, I do still have little Avagadro: complete with the little splash goggles I made him out of some crafting wire and the lids of film canisters. I have graciously borrowed my TI-89 to first my little sister and now my little brother, although I was careful to warn them not to let our parents know about the 10+ video games I have installed in a hidden place. Bwahahaha! After they are done using him, I’m keeping him for sentimental reasons: chief among them that with the help of that TI-89, I was able to place 3rd in Dynamic Planet at the National SO tournament. πŸ˜€ (and now you know just how nerdy I can be…)