Whew! On Sunday, after a marathon 2 days, I finished photographing all of my missing work and uploading it to my Flickr page and AIGA profile. Of course, as I was uploading, I noticed that there are a few pieces I want to go back and reshoot. But for the most part it’s done, and I can move on to putting the physical portfolio together. One of the projects I’ve finally photographed from my last job that I’m quite proud of is this one:
This was a clinical trial toolkit that I developed for our client, Genzyme. What makes me especially proud of this toolkit is that I was totally responsible for the art direction and execution rather than working under an art director. Basically, the toolkit is used by study sites to help them recruit participants for the clinical trial. The poster and patient brochure (far right in the top photo) were distributed where patients could see them, while the brochure on the far left, eligibility card and appointment reminder card were for physician use. A coordinating toolkit was also developed for a sister study (bottom photo).
Both toolkits were developed with the studies’ target participants in mind: mainly women in their mid-40’s to 50’s. Muted color schemes based off of the studies’ logos were used with a soft pattern, allowing the poster and brochure to stand out among the more clinical-looking competition. I was really excited to hear from the client that study enrollment for these 2 studies had reached record highs. Both toolkits were also translated and adapted for use in several different countries around the world.